Mountain Biking to Klipspringer spring
The ride to Klipspringer spring is an easy trail on a car track, after 8km you reach the spring under a giant fig tree, asking you to rest and enjoy before you take back the same way.
Duration: +/- x.x hours
- Start at the lodge, passing the campsites and after about 900 meters turn left following the painted markers.
- Just follow the tracks, passing a few little riverbeds, going through an old fence and gate.
- After 4.5 km you will reach the split in the track.
- Klipspringer spring:
- Turn right according the name marker and follow the track into the canyon, river on your righthand side
- You will cross little riverbeds twice and the road ends at a parking area alongside a small tree after another 3.5 km
- Follow the markers left at the parking area to the little trail and after about 60 meters, cross the river bed (follow markers), another +/- 200 meters- river on you left – you reach the spring with shady old fig trees, this part is a bit tricky, either you try and push/carry your bike or leave the MTB at the parking place
- After a good rest and a lot of pics taken turn around and ride back to the lodge